PMWC 2016 SILICON VALLEY MOST PROMISING COMPANY AWARD
The successful Company Competition Track has been accompanying the Annual Personalized Medicine World Conference since 2010 with the goal to assist developing and emerging startup companies in Diagnostics,Therapeutics, and Health Tech, to increase their visibility, provide them with a platform to present to a group of leading investors, as well as to potential clients and partners so they can succeed on their path forward.
Startup companies are invited to apply for a chance to pitch their business to a panel of judges and to the audience during PMWC 2016 Silicon Valley.
- Submit (your company) or Nominate (another company)
- A select number will be chosen by judges and notified within ~one week
- Registration for approved companies
- Diagnostics & Therapeutics: Companies with a product and/or vision to (1) diagnose a medical condition, or the cause, nature, or manifestation of a condition via a proprietary tool, algorithm, or newly developed process; (2) treat, manage, and or cure diseases via developed proprietary therapeutics.
- Health Tech IT: Companies with a product and/or vision to provide innovative solutions through the use of technology that transform the health system management and care delivery.
- Innovation is disruptive to current standard-of-care, both in cost and effectiveness
- Strength of team and ability to execute
- Barriers to competition and strength of IP
- Expected financial returns for investors
- Companies will present in Track 3 for 10 minutes followed by 5 minutes of questions from judges and audience.
- Three semi-finalists will be selected from each category.
- Semi-finalists will present again in Track 1 at the end of the day for a larger audience and a panel of judges.
- A winner for each category will be chosen by the judges on stage and receives the “Most Promising Company Award,” which guarantees increased visibility and recognition, as demonstrated with past winners.
SELECT PAST VCS AND FINANCIAL PARTICIPANTS
7 Health Ventures
Advanced Technology Ventures
Alexandria Venture Investments
Anthem Venture Partners
Charter Life Sciences
Claremont Creek Ventures
DFJ Tamir Fishman Ventures
Draper Fisher Jurvetson
Edgewood Venture Partners
Enterprise Partners Venture Capital
Great Point Partners
IBM Venture Capital Group
Janssen Healthcare Innovation
Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Kaiser Permanente Ventures
Life Tech Capital
Lighthouse Capital Partners
Medica Venture Partners
Miramar Venture Partners
Mithril Capital Management
Mitsui Global Investment
New Biology Ventures, LLC
New Leaf Venture Partners
Paladin Capital Group
Perella Weinberg Partners
Prospect Venture Partners
RBC Capital Markets
Roche Venture Fund
Sutter Hill Ventures
Telegraph Hill Partners
The Angels’ Forum
Third Rock Ventures