PMWC 2017 Silicon Valley
Academic Poster Sessions
The Precision Medicine World Conference (PMWC) formerly known as the Personalized Medicine World Conference, is excited to announce the advent of an exhibition location dedicated to academic posters. After years of focusing on serving the business-oriented side of research, we are opening our doors and displaying academic posters in a specially designated area of our exhibition hall. This opportunity provides a small number of academic researchers tremendous exposure to the conference attendees.
In 2017, research students and trainees from UC San Francisco and Stanford University are encouraged to apply to display their poster at the 11th PMWC 2017 Silicon Valley.
- Submit your poster to your university representative.
- The university representative will select and approve posters for display at the PMWC.
- One faculty, student, or trainee must acquire a day pass through the university representative to present the poster at the conference.
- Diagnostics & Therapeutics: Research or products with a focus on: (1) diagnosis of a medical condition, or the cause, nature, or manifestation of a condition via a proprietary tool, algorithm, or newly developed process; or (2) treatment, management, and/or cure of a disease via developed therapeutics.
- Health Tech IT: Research or products providing innovative solutions through the use of technology to transform the health system management and care delivery.
During poster session
- Poster presenters must be set up between 6:00-6:45 AM on the day of their presentation. Posters will be displayed in the exhibition area for one day, from 7:30am – 5:30pm.
- We highly recommend presenters be present at their posters during the primary break periods, in order to network and present their information in person: 7:00-8:00 AM, 10:00-10:30 AM, 12:00-1:00 PM, 3:00-3:30 PM, and 5:00-5:30 PM.
- Do not write or draw on the stands.
- You will not be allowed to set up or attend the poster sessions without an appropriate conference badge.
- Your poster must be removed immediately following the session. PMWC is not responsible for posters left on boards after sessions are over.
Display Board Size
The display area provided by PMWC allow posters of up to 6’ in length, and 4’ in height (tentative). If your poster exceeds these dimensions, it may not be permitted to be displayed in the exhibition hall.
Presentation Content and Restrictions
- While poster content is largely at the discretion of the presenter, it will be reviewed before display by your university representative. Posters must be submitted through your university.
- The information should be presented in a professional manner, readable from at least 5 feet away, and may not contain corporate or organizational logos larger than 6”x6”.
- Text should be at least .5 cm for body, 1 cm for headings, and 2.5 cm for title. No audio or video may be included in your presentation.
- Instruments, components, or reagents are NOT permitted in the poster area.
We recommend including the following material:
- Conclusion (We suggest relating your work to precision medicine here)
Try to keep word count to less than 1,000 words, and remember that PMWC attracts attendees from many fields, not only from scientific and academic backgrounds. You may want to tailor your information to a wide audience when possible.